Thursday, 27th January 2022
<To guardian.ng
Search

No preconditions for North Korea talks: Tillerson

By Reuters
16 December 2017   |   9:30 am
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Friday said the United States would not accept any preconditions for diplomatic talks with North Korea, saying the Trump administration and the international community would continue to pressure Pyongyang.

Related

9 Oct
12 Oct
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said the US is the "root cause" of instability on the Korean Peninsula. He said Pyongyang is only increasing its military capabilities as a deterrent.
24 Oct
The military in South Korea has said the projectile was a submarine-launched ballistic missile. It comes as intelligence chiefs from the US, South Korea and Japan meet in Seoul.
24 Oct
North Korea has confirmed that it tested a new type of submarine-launched ballistic missile on Tuesday, making it the fifth in a round of missile tests by the country since September.
21 Oct
Images of 'TRUTH Social', a social network the former US president Donald Trump says he plans to launch. It's the latest push to reclaim his online influence after he was banned from Twitter and Facebook in the wake of the violent Capitol insurrection.
21 Oct
US media reports that Trump National Golf Club's finances are under scrutiny, with a probe launched into whether it has misled a valuation for tax purposes.
26 Oct
A US envoy said North Korea's recent weapon tests were "concerning and counterproductive." Last week, the isolated nation carried out tests of a new type of ballistic missile launched from submarines.
6 Nov
In a UN Security Council draft resolution, Beijing and Moscow have called for the lifting of trade sanctions on Pyongyang "with the intent of enhancing the livelihood of the civilian population."
7 Nov
The expert faces charges of providing false statements as part of special counsel John Durham's ongoing investigation into the so-called "Steele dossier."
9 Nov
Former US National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and five other associates of former President Donald Trump are accused of promoting misinformation surrounding last year's presidential election.
20 Nov
Donald Trump tried to keep documents from his presidency hidden from the House committee probing the January 6 attack. The judge said releasing the material was in the public interest.
16 Dec
The vote was 222 to 208 in favor of holding Donald Trump's fourth and final chief of staff in contempt after a refusal to cooperate with the January 6 insurrection investigation.