Wednesday, 21st February 2024
To guardian.ng
Search

Eye on Africa | Nigeria wins $11billion damages appeal over failed gas deal

By France24
24 October 2023   |   7:58 am
Nigeria no longer has to pay a multibillion-dollar fine over a failed gas deal. A London court has backed Abuja's appeal over damages. Also, we speak to the president of Rugby Africa about the prospects for rugby on the continent as South Africa powers through the Rugby World Cup. And France teams up with Nigeria in a crackdown on piracy in the Gulf of Guinea.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related

4 days ago
Ayomide Sotubo and Hogan Niyi in this edition of The Nutmeg review the Super Eagle's performance at the last AFCON and also went to the street to ask Nigerians if the Super Eagles coach, José Peseiro should be allowed to go or continue his job.
4 days ago
Global shipping companies are diverting valuable cargo around the African continent to avoid Houthi strikes in the Red Sea. But can coastal African nations seize the opportunity presented by the extra merchant traffic?
4 days ago
The World Bank warned in January that global growth will slow for the third consecutive year, to 2.4% in 2024, when the global economy may record the slowest half-decade of GDP growth in 30 years. Indonesia's GDP growth is also projected to decelerate in line with the weakening outlook.
2 days ago
Nigeria expects to produce 23 million metric tonnes of maize this year, a 12% rise from last year, thanks to cheaper credit from the central bank, which has helped blunt the high costs of fertiliser and diesel, the maize growers association said.
1 day ago
The intensifying conflict between the Democratic Republic of Congo's (DRC) army and the M23 Tutsi-led rebels, allegedly backed by Rwanda, has disrupted supply lines to the eastern city of Goma, affecting over two million residents and displaced individuals.
8 hours ago
Nigeria's defense chief General Christopher Musa said on Tuesday (February 20) that reports into a military drone attack that killed at least 85 civilians in northern Kaduna state in December will be released by the end of the month.