Friday, 7th October 2022
<To guardian.ng
Search

Peng Shuai

20 Dec 2021
"I need to stress one point that is extremely important, I have never said or written that anyone has sexually assaulted me," the Chinese tennis star said in a foreign press video.
4 Dec 2021
The governing body of women's tennis took the decision after Peng made an allegation of sexual abuse against a Chinese official. WTA chairman Steve Simon said he worried about player safety at tournaments in China.
3 Dec 2021
A video distributed by the International Olympic Committee is not enough to reassure the tennis world. The Women's Tennis Association is suspending all tournaments in China until it is sure that doubles star Peng Shuai is safe and sound, following the 35-year-old Peng's quickly deleted post on Chinese social media last month denouncing sexual assault by a former vice premier. How far will the ripple effects go?

Latest

56 mins ago
Inflation is hitting home for consumers across the EU, with new data showing that a regular cup of coffee may soon become a "luxury" for some. In some countries, the price of coffee is up over 40% compared to last year.
56 mins ago
Two French detainees were shown on TV saying they had been plotting to take down the Iranian regime. France has said the spectacle was staged and illegal.
56 mins ago
The sport's national governing body, US Soccer, commissioned the report after former NWSL players Sinead Farrelly and Mana Shim came forward with allegations of harassment and sexual coercion dating back a decade involving former coach Paul Riley.
1 day ago
Sebastian Vettel is Aston Martin's new James Bond - in Formula 1. The real Bond has been driving a DB 5 for a long time - including in his new film "No Time to Die". The beginning of a beautiful car friendship?
1 day ago
Simone Tebet urged her voters to back Lula due to his "commitment to democracy." Former President Fernando Henrique Cardoso also endorsed his leftist former rival.
1 day ago
The death toll from this week's truck bombings has risen to at least 40, but local and national authorities say the latest attacks from the al-Shabab group will not deter them from fighting the terrorists.