Saturday, 29th January 2022
<To guardian.ng
Search

extradit

19 Dec 2020
More than 38 years after a deadly attack on a restaurant in the Jewish quarter of Paris, one of the four identified suspects, Abou Zayed, has arrived in Paris, extradited by Norway. This could pave the way for a trial in one of the oldest terrorism cases in France. Six people were killed and 22 injured when between three and five men opened fire and threw grenades into Jo Goldenberg's restaurant, "Pletzl" on August 9 1982. The restaurant has since been replaced by a shop selling clothes in fluorescent colours, reflecting the transformation of the neighbourhood into a tourist mecca. As for the witnesses of the bloody attack, they are dead, have left the neighbourhood, or prefer to remain out of the spotlight.

Latest

1 day ago
London police chief Cressida Dick has said officers will investigate a spate of parties held at Prime Minister Boris Johnson's residence and office during COVID-19 lockdowns
1 day ago
The British prime minister is facing fresh accusations of hosting parties during lockdown in June 2020. About 30 people are said to have attended a birthday celebration, when gatherings were not allowed.
1 day ago
As football fans reel over the deaths of at least eight people outside Olembe Stadium, questions have been raised as to how the tragedy unfolded. There had been concerns about poor preparation ahead of the tournament.
1 day ago
Eight teams are left standing in the Africa Cup of Nations after a round of 16 full of suspense, surprises and upsets but overshadowed by tragedy and more criticism for CAF. Selina Sykes is joined by Sports Editor Simon Harding and Eurosport journalist Ruben Slagter to discuss all the major talking points of the knockouts so far and what to expect in the quarter-finals.
1 day ago
Here are a few reasons to pick up a copy of The Guardian on Saturday. Find these stories and much more when you grab a copy of The Guardian on Saturday.
1 day ago
Denmark has accused coup generals of playing a dirty political game after the junta withdrew the invitation to deploy Danish troops. Denmark has announced the country would withdraw its newly deployed contingent of 90 troops from Mali after repeated demands by the poor Sahel country's military junta.