Wednesday, 1st February 2023
<To guardian.ng
Search

Congo’s first female to coach men’s team targets regional championship

By Reuters
30 May 2022   |   10:22 am

Related

26 Nov
The region has been in the grip of an offensive by the M23 armed group and 900 Kenyan soldiers were recently sent to the area. Also in this edition: South Africa's disgraced ex-president Jacob Zuma could go back to prison, and we talk to Nigerian climate expert Chukwumerije Okereke, who is the Director of the Centre for Climate Change and Development. And lastly, guest Karim Baldé breaks down the Senegal's loss against the Netherlands in the World Cup.
30 Nov
The armies of the Democratic Republic of Congo and Burundi said they have dislodged the Burundian rebels from the town of Nabombi. Meanwhile, a cease-fire between with a separate rebel group, M23, appears to be holding.
3 Dec
30 percent of African women are entrepreneurs. Their contribution to African economies is vital. But they could do much more, if treated just like their male counterparts.
4 Dec
Stephanie Frappart, Neuza Back and Karen Diaz will become the first all-female refereeing team for a men's World Cup match as they have been named to take charge of the Costa Rica-Germany Group E match on Thursday, FIFA announced on Tuesday.
2 Dec
The brawl occurred during a budget presentation. One female MP was stuck, sparking a melee between lawmakers.
2 Dec
A violent brawl broke out in Senegal's parliament on Thursday after a male opposition lawmaker slapped a female politician in the face, television pictures showed.
5 Dec
A female MP in Senegal is slapped, kicked and knocked to the ground in the country’s National Assembly, this after allegedly insulting a pro-opposition religious leader. Also, South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to fight for his position after a preliminary investigation found he may have committed serious crimes. Finally, we bring you all the football news from the World Cup in Qatar.
5 Dec
Church-led marches across the Democratic Republic of Congo saw protesters decry fighting in the country's restive east and condemn neighboring Rwanda for allegedly backing rebels.
10 Dec
The number of civilian deaths during a massacre last week in the Democratic Republic of Congo's east rose from 50 to over 270, officials said.
9 Dec
Some female fans in Qatar say their World Cup experience feels safer than other tournaments because of a more conservative culture and reduced alcohol consumption.
8 Dec
The M23 rebel group has said in a statement that they are ready to withdraw from occupied areas in eastern Congo. However, this comes amid reports of renewed fighting and as the DRC accuses M23 of killing 272 civilians.
7 Dec
A new round of peace talks between the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) government and representatives of major rebel groups ended in the Kenyan capital city Nairobi on Tuesday with participants agreeing on a raft of issues including the unconditional release of prisoners.