Friday, 27th January 2023
<To guardian.ng
Search

North Korea says second ICBM test a “stern warning” to USA

By Reuters
29 July 2017   |   11:00 am
North Korea says its second long-range missile test serves as a stern warning to the United States. State television shows Kim Jong-un celebrating as the weapon is fired.

Related

13 Apr 2022
The system would be based on Israel's Arrow 3 model and would be capable of intercepting long-range ballistic missiles. "We must prepare ourselves," said German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
4 Apr 2022
South Korea's defense ministry has said that North Korea fired an existing intercontinental ballistic missile and not a new one in last week's test launch.
18 Apr 2022
North Korea celebrated its founding leader Kim II Sung's 110th birthday with a parade and performances. This year, however, there was no military parade during the celebrations.
18 Apr 2022
Seven people were killed and eight wounded in a missile strike on the western Ukrainian city of Lviv on Monday morning, regional governor Maksym Kozystkiy said.
28 Apr 2022
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un vowed to speed up Pyongyang's nuclear development during a military parade to celebrate the founding of the country's armed forces.
28 Apr 2022
For the very first time, Russian missile attacks have killed civilians in Ukraine's port city of Odesa. Russian officials have not, however, acknowledged any civilian deaths.
3 May 2022
The war in Ethiopia has left tens of thousands dead and millions displaced, as government troops and the Tigrayan People's Liberation Front battle over territory. A UN investigation found all sides in the conflict had committed atrocities, including rape. Warning: This report contains descriptions of sexual violence.
3 May 2022
North Korea launches long-range missile: DW's Frank Smith in Seoul
7 May 2022
Some North Koreans are defying strict fashion and style regulations to fight conformity. But their expressions of individualism could cost them their freedom.
13 May 2022
State media in North Korea has reported the deaths of six people with a "fever" a day after officials confirmed the country's first COVID-19 infection. More than 180,000 people are said to be isolated for treatment.
22 May 2022
After more than two years of denying the virus had gained a foothold, Pyongyang is now struggling to handle thousands of suspected cases with limited medical capabilities.
22 May 2022
North Korea on Sunday reported a total of 42 deaths from "fever" after admitting its first-ever COVID-19 cases days before. Lockdown policies have been implemented across the country, according to state-run media.