Monday, 18th October 2021
To guardian.ng
Search

Onnoghen arrives CCT for trial, pleads ‘Not guilty’

By OakTV
15 February 2019   |   12:27 pm
Onnoghen arrives CCT for trial, pleads ‘Not guilty’.

Related

8 Sep
Nigerian army has announced that around 6000 extremists have defected in recent weeks, AP is reporting an increasing number of allegations of atrocities against Tigrayan forces, and we meet the Chadian artist turning bullets into brushstrokes.
8 Sep
Some 1,800 plaintiffs are expected to attend the trial of 20 men accused of orchestrating and carrying out the deadly November 2015 attacks on Paris.
11 Sep
France is beginning to relive the atrocity that changed French life forever. The trial of 20 men over the terror atrocities of November 13, 2015 has begun in Paris. One of the accused was actively part of the attacks that night. Salah Abdeslam spoke in court to say he was a fighter of the Islamic State group. It is the most he has said since his 2016 arrest in Brussels.
12 Sep
Once a star of Silicon Valley, biotech company founder Elizabeth Holmes is facing several counts of fraud. Prosecutors have accused her of "lying and cheating" in opening arguments.
13 Sep
Seventy-five children who were kidnapped from their school in Nigeria's northwestern state of Zamfara were freed after their abductors came under pressure from a military crackdown, a state official said on Sunday (September 12). Gunmen took the students from the village of Kaya on Sept. 1, the latest in a spate of mass kidnappings from schools across the region. More than 1,100 children have been abducted since December last year. Authorities say heavily armed gangs of bandits, seeking ransom payments, are behind the abductions.
14 Sep
Officials in Nigeria have said the students were freed with the help of several of their captors who had been pressured by a military crackdown to work with authorities.
27 Sep
Nigerian security forces have arrested three men accused of taking part in a mass abduction on Bethel Baptist High School in July. Gunmen kidnapped 121 students who were asleep in their dorm rooms. The attack took place just outside the city of Kaduna in the north-west of the country. One hundred teens have since managed to escape or were freed, but twenty-one are still unaccounted for.
2 Oct
The fundamentalist group, which now rules Afghanistan, put the bodies on display to deter others. The move comes after a Taliban founder said executions and amputations will return.
28 Sep
Gunmen have killed dozens of people in two separate attacks in Nigeria. Villagers in Kaduna and security forces in Sokoto state have fallen victim to suspected islamists and criminal gangs. Also on the show: In an industry dominated by men, we bring you a report on the women workers changing the landscape of the Central African Republic. Finally, we take a look at one of Libya's cultural jewels: Leptis Magna. An archeological site shunned by tourists due to the country's insecurity.
2 Oct
The BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine for 5 to 11 year olds could be approved in the US as early as October. Meanwhile, Australia plans to stop paying workers affected by lockdowns. Follow DW for the latest.
8 Oct
Heavily armed gangs have been stepping up raids on schools and villages in northwestern Nigeria, often taking hostages for ransom.
11 Oct
The trial of 14 people accused of plotting to assassinate Burkina Faso's former president Thomas Sankara started on Monday, more than 30 years after he was gunned down in one of the most infamous killings in modern African history. Sankara - a charismatic Marxist revolutionary widely known as "Africa's Che Guevara" - was killed in 1987 during a coup led by his former ally Blaise Compaore.