Sunday, 26th June 2022
<To guardian.ng
Search

Angelina Jolie urges women to ‘talk to someone’ about abuse

By Reuters
12 December 2020   |   1:09 pm
Angelina Jolie urges women to 'talk to someone' about abuse

Related

27 Jul 2021
Last week, lawmakers at California's 2nd District Court of Appeal agreed with the Maleficent star that John Ouderkirk should have disclosed prior business dealings with Pitt's lawyers
6 Aug 2021
"NeuralHash" technology makes it possible to detect child sex abuse images uploaded to the cloud. Privacy advocates fear technology invites political mission creep, especially in authoritarian states.
22 Aug 2021
The iPhone and iPad manufacturer said its plan to check the photos of US users for evidence of child abuse had been widely "misunderstood". CEO Tim Cook is yet to publicly comment on the privacy row.
5 Sep 2021
4 Sep 2021
Human rights activists have called for a comprehensive investigation into alleged abuses in Iranian jails. They say it's not just a case of a few corrupt guards.
12 Sep 2021
The feature had been intended to scan for images of child sexual abuse. But it quickly drew concern over potential misuse as a "backdoor" for hacking and surveillance.
12 Sep 2021
A report by Amnesty International contradicts some governments' views that Syria is now safe to return for refugees. Returnees have faced detainment, torture, disappearance, and sexual violence.
17 Sep 2021
In this edition, hundreds of Gabonese peacekeepers are being withdrawn from CAR following the latest sex abuse allegations. Gabon says that the most recent accusation is exceptionally serious. Also, dozens of civic groups in Uganda have been suspended. Many human rights workers say it is part of a pattern of repression. And, South Africa’s largest rhino breeder is pushing to sell horns he trims legally off his animals to keep poachers at bay.
27 Sep 2021
The discovery of more than 1,000 unmarked graves of children has prompted anger against the Catholic Church in Canada. The church has now admitted to "grave abuses."
29 Sep 2021
Some 30 women had accused WHO employees of sexual exploitation and abuse. Director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the allegations were "horrific" and launched the independent investigation.
2 Oct 2021
The World Health Organization again apologises to the victims who suffered rape and sexual abuse by workers sent to fight Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo from 2018 to 2020.
10 Oct 2021
Nearly two dozen WHO employees have been accused of sexual abuse during an Ebola outbreak in Congo. The organization's main donors, including the US and EU, have called for accountability.